The device shows that CO2 level in the room is unhealthy. What should I do in order to improve the airflow?
Posted: 02.07.2020 17:12
Aranet4 sensor warns when the CO2 level in the room isn’t optimal for your health and you should take care of the airflow in the room. You can immediately improve the CO2 level in the space you are in by taking the following steps:
• Open a window allowing fresh air to flow into the room. For the best airflow it is recommended to open windows on two different sides of the room.
• Remove any obstructions in front of the windows such as heavy curtains, blinds or furniture that can stop the airflow.
• Open the entrance door and/or door to the connecting rooms.
• Open the window or windows in connecting rooms and leave the door open for at least 10 minutes or until the CO2 level returns to an optimal level (below 1000ppm).
• Turn on the ventilation. Check that the vents are open and there are no blockages in the ducts. Schedule maintenance if there are any issues.
• If you are using air filters, make sure that they are changed according to recommendations.
• Make sure that the HVAC system is working properly; schedule maintenance if there are any issues. Air conditioners and heaters can also improve the airflow in the house, however these options may require greater energy consumption.
• Turn on the ceiling fan to increase air circulation. You can also place a portable fan in front of an open window to help the fresh air flow in better in the room. If there is no possibility of doing any of the aforementioned steps, make sure not to spend prolonged time in the area – take breaks and go out in fresh air whenever you can.
You have to log in to reply.