Aranet Cloud API
Posted: 10.05.2022 11:58
Modified: 29.11.2023 19:42
Starting version 1.7.14, API mechanism is implemented in Aranet Cloud.
Aranet Cloud API allows to access the sensor and cloud data outside of the Aranet ecosystem. Cloud API is a Pull-type integration. By using Aranet Cloud API, Aranet Cloud can be integrated with any other Web or cloud-based IT system or used as a data source for 3rd party applications.
The main features of Aranet Cloud API:
- Centralized data access for all the necessary sensors via a single connection
- Pull-type API integration providing access to data in Aranet Cloud
- On-demand data access from Aranet Cloud without the need to establish data storage on 3rd party IT system
- Ability to request current, latest, and speciﬁed period data
- Access to cloud-speciﬁc data like virtual sensors, alarms, assets
- Authorization using API key
- API documentation – all currently available endpoints are documented via Swagger
- Supported data format: JSON
Currently implemented Aranet Cloud API:
- supports only GET requests, meaning, that 3rd party system shall not be able to insert or update any data into Aranet Cloud database;
- following data can be requested:
- sensor measurements (with UTC timestamps)
- sensor list with sensor details (name, interval, sensorID, type)
- Each 3rd party system receives its own API key, that is used to authenticate data requests.
- One API key authenticates to only one Aranet Cloud organization.
- By default, API key has the same units configuration as the user who creates it.
- A key value must be 32 characters long.
To create Aranet Cloud API key:
- Login to Aranet cloud as user having Integrations Write permissions:
- Navigate to SETTINGS menu and select API tab:
A brief API key description and link to complete Aranet Cloud API documentation as well as the list of created keys are here.
- Click on CREATE NEW button, new pop-up window will open:
Enter API account name a), Description b) and key expiration date (in needed) c). Press CREATE button.
- The pop-up window will change:
You will see generated API key d), which can be copied to the clipboard by pressing button e). API key expiration date can be adjusted f), then the key can be SAVED or DELETED. If no changes are needed, close the window g).
- The updated API tab with new key in the list opens:
You can review API key log file by pressing on "clock" button:
or edit it by clicking on "pencil" button .
You have to log in to reply.